Saturday, June 18, 2016

Mommyhood the Foster Way

So I've been a mommy for 5 days, not a birth mommy, but a foster mommy, which requires the same skill set. I felt like I wanted to share a few things I've learned in past 5 days. Please do not get too tickled! It's been an interesting start! ..(I plan to make this somewhat brief...I really should sleep when they sleep!) Here goes...

1. I must seize the opportunity to sleep when they sleep. 😴
2. Reading bedtime stories is the best!
3. Laundry never ever ever ends and neither do the dishes.🔄
4. Modern cartoons suck and no matter how hard I try they are not going old school with me. 😒
5. Black vomit stinks really bad and creates more laundry. 😷
6. I can mow the grass in the dark and after each round, burn more calories by running inside to make sure everyone is still sound asleep.💪
7. It is possible for a toddler to poop all the way to their ankle...again creating more laundry. 💩
8. Having helpers with early morning watering of the flowers is awesome! 🌻
9. Dancing and singing to toddler tunes is lots of fun! 🎶
10. I never knew that something SO challenging could also be so rewarding! ( wait a minute, I'm a teacher...I already knew that one!) 😉

We can never have enough prayers! Keep em coming. Love to all!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Amanda! What a blessing for all three of you. God has a plan and He will be your strength. Prayers❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are blessed.... I am so proud of you. Keep your posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Unknown post was me..... duh....

    ReplyDelete