Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Walk of Faith

For the past two years I've been called to take a walk of faith. I've negotiated, bargained, and flat out argued with God. If you didn't know, He's a bit persistent when He has a call for our lives. Someone recently told me that "faith" is the bridge between where we are and where God wants us to be. I have finally come to a place where I'm absolutely terrified but taking those first steps anyway. Within a week or so, I will be certified to begin foster care.

The scariest part is the unbelievable amount of "unknowns". My 4yr old cousin asked the most precious question the other day. We told him that I was going to be a foster mom and that kids would be coming to live at my house. He replied with "Well what are you gonna name em?"  This question along with many others I've been asked in the past few weeks makes me realize I HAVE NO IDEA! I don't know their names, ages, or gender....I don't know if they like peanut butter, watching movies, or if they'll like walking the dogs. Honestly, the only thing I know is that they'll be children....children that need a safe place to grow and experience love.

I'm not certain why I was called to this, but as I begin walking in faith, across that bridge, I know that my God and what awaits me on the other side is greater than any fear I have.

9 comments:

  1. I love this blog, and I'm so proud of you, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog, and I'm so proud of you, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds exactly like me! I have fought God the last 6 months about doing foster care. I didn't think I could handle it. Well, I can't on my own. But with His help, He will see us through each challenge. We are starting our first foster classes the end of June. Prayers as you begin this leap of faith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! You will do great! Will be praying for you on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda. .. what if this "plan B" was really God's "plan A" all along??? I am so excited to meet your kids!! What an enormous blessing they are about to encounter! Live your purpose sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda. .. what if this "plan B" was really God's "plan A" all along??? I am so excited to meet your kids!! What an enormous blessing they are about to encounter! Live your purpose sister!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda it's a joy to bring a little bit of happiness to a child who hasn't had any. It's heartbreaking too when they leave, but in your heart you know that you planted seeds and showed them some light even if only for awhile.

    Wishing you the best. Mix and I did it before kids. Some precious memories. What a blessing you will be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is most awesome. You will be amazing.
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is most awesome. You will be amazing.
    Christy

    ReplyDelete